Vehicle Wash Tips
Remove loose contaminants that have not bonded to the paint finish by washing your Mercedes-Benz using a vehicle shampoo, such as Mercedes-Benz Car Shampoo, and water:
- Mix one ounce (approx. four capfuls) of car shampoo per gallon of water
- Rinse the entire vehicle with a strong spray of water
- Starting at the top, wash one section of the vehicle at a time using a soft, clean sponge, towel or sheepskin wash mitt. Rinse both the vehicle and the wash mitt thoroughly before you continue to the next section
- After a final overall rinse, wipe your vehicle dry with a natural chamois or 100% terry toweling (use of any type of toweling other than thick nap, clean, 100% cotton terry cloth may cause swirl marks)
Never wash the vehicle unless it is cool and in the shade, and avoid using dishwashing detergents, which may cause paint to fade and oxidize. We recommend the use of Mercedes-Benz Car Care Products, available online at the Collection or from your authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer.
How often you should wash your vehicle depends on the conditions where you live and drive. Wash your vehicle more frequently in the winter months or if you live near the coast, where ocean salt is more prevalent.
Restore a smooth finish prior to polishing your Mercedes-Benz by using Mercedes-Benz Paint Cleaner to remove surface oxidation, stains or blemishes that did not wash off in Step One:
- Apply a liberal amount of paint cleaner to a clean terry cloth or sponge applicator
- Work one section at a time, rubbing the product thoroughly and evenly into the finish
- When dry, wipe with a clean terry towel to restore a smooth finish prior to polishing and waxing
For exceptional protection for your Mercedes-Benz, we recommend polishing your vehicle with Mercedes-Benz Paint Care. Paint Care can help to remove light surface problems and polishes your vehicle´s finish to a brilliant high gloss, coating it with a complex layer of waxes, silicones, polymers, and resins.
- Use a sponge applicator or soft cotton terry cloth to apply Paint Care evenly to the entire vehicle, one section at a time
- Remove residue with another soft towel